Scion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions - unite

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Scions - unite - Page 2 Empty Re: Scions - unite

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:08 pm

SPACKlick wrote:The relic powers chart says that a dot can improve one aspect of a knack. What improvements would you let me put on Body Armour? Extra soak? Reduce Mobility penalty?
Or one inch punch? Reduced cost? Increased duration?
Or Omnidex? Remove more penalties?
There's really nothing other than Stat or Fluff relics I'm interested in putting those bonus points into. (I could just be cheeky and ask for +Legend to Strength and Stamina rolls as well as App+Pre rolls)

We'll work on as we move along.

SPACKlick wrote:Also, if you're allowing the expanded gear section, I'd like to ask what the best armour you'd let me base a relic off is. The best in the book is 5L/8B, but that table goes up to 13L/16B.

Build the relic off what is in the book.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

https://sciontrueares.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:43 pm

I'm gonna set tuesday as deadline for starting and posting character. If you can't make the tuesday deadline than message me and let me know.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Sorry Which tuesday at what time in what time zone?

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 pm

I forgot today was monday...sorry tomorrow...Eastern Standard time, United States. Which as of when I post this it's 1950 or 7:50 pm est.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:55 pm

Ok, it's 1am here and I need to be up in 5 and a half hours, so just to make sure I can finish my statting before the deadline.

1) Is there a house rule on Untouchable Opponent?
2) How will you ST the combination of both Cobra and Rabbit reflexes?
3) Is there a minimum speed of relic weapons?

I think I have an idea for spreading the final bonus points around, more on this at sensible o'clock.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:21 pm

my sheet is up in my original placeholder post
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:39 pm

SPACKlick wrote:Ok, it's 1am here and I need to be up in 5 and a half hours, so just to make sure I can finish my statting before the deadline.

I think I have an idea for spreading the final bonus points around, more on this at sensible o'clock.

Just shoot me your character's name and your God. I'll give you extra time. As for your 3 questions let me answer like this,
1) We will use this... http://wiki.white-wolf.com/whitewolf/index.php?title=Untouchable_Opponent_fixes
2) We will cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm still discussing it with other ST's.
3) The only sane interpretation is minimum speed 3/4.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:07 am

TrueAres wrote:
SPACKlick wrote:Ok, it's 1am here and I need to be up in 5 and a half hours, so just to make sure I can finish my statting before the deadline.

Just shoot me your character's name and your God. I'll give you extra time. As for your 3 questions let me answer like this,
1) We will use this... http://wiki.white-wolf.com/whitewolf/index.php?title=Untouchable_Opponent_fixes
2) We will cross that bridge when we get to it. I'm still discussing it with other ST's.

I have an answer to #2...Scion: Demigod page 66, the box in the upper left hand corner. Reads like this:
"If a Scion has Rabbit Reflexes (see Scion: Hero, pg. 136) and Cobra Reflexes, he cannot use both Knacks against the same surprise attack. He can either dodge preternaturally well or catch his surprise attacker in a surprise counterattack -- the choice is up to the player. The character cannot use either Rabbit Reflexes or Cobra Reflexes if he has the Eternal Vigilance or Environmental Awareness (see Scion: Demigod pg. 66 & pg. 64) Knacks (since both render him unable to ever be caught by surprise)."
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:50 am

TrueAres wrote:Just shoot me your character's name and your God. I'll give you extra time.
Ok, that's already posted

1) We will use this... [white wolf wiki]
I figured it would eb one fo those, which one?

I have an answer to #2...Scion: Demigod page 66, the box in the upper left hand corner.
Ok, I didn't realise that was in the book, I thought it was a house rule. I'm good with that.

So is the speed 3 relic labrys acceptable or not?

Other than that, good to go.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:21 pm

SPACKlick wrote:So is the speed 3 relic labrys acceptable or not?

Yes. If that is what your character is aiming for.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  pug89 Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:34 pm

Sorry it's taking me so long. Here's what I've got of my backstory, nothing is set in stone, so I'm willing to change something if it doesn't fit. I want to expand on this a little bit and I'll get a sheet up tomorrow, I mostly just need to get my relics nailed down and BP spent. Just FYI, Monday through Wednesday are my busiest days, so I'll be posting less and mostly in the evening.

Jared was always a sickly child, spending most of his time reading, doing puzzles, and other solitary activities that engaged his mind. When he went to college he studied Egyptology, a subject he had been fascinated with since he was young. He went on to earn his PhD in Egyptology and found himself a position as a museum curator. His pet project was a display of relics from Egypt that included a sarcophagus for the wife of one of the pharaohs. One night while working late, he encountered a group attempting to perform some ritual centered around the sarcophagus. He interrupted the ritual and stopped the group, members of a cult dedicated to Apep, from opening a doorway to the underworld and releasing Apep's hoards of snakes into the world. Of course he didn't know the true nature of what he had prevented. The next day a woman showed up at his office with a cat. Telling him of his true heritage, he was tasked with protecting the sarcophagus to prevent any future attempts by the Titans or their followers to use it.
pug89
pug89

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:52 am

Ok, so I've worked out what to do with the last of my bonus points.

I'd like to add one to the Eagle's Ichcahuipilli to "lter its basic shape, length, color, or some other physical attribute"So that it looks more like bulky clothing than battle armour.

I'd like to spend one point on Malinalxochitl's Gloves A pair of fingerless gloves which give Fire Immunity.

I'd like to spend 5 points on a four dot relic fire lighter which replicates Blazing Weapon, don't have a name for this relic as yet. But I think that's Ma Ti Menville fully statted.

Do you want a description of visitations?

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:48 am

Sure. Right now all I need from everyone is their character's name and who their God is, so I can post the first part of the story. The first scene is more dialogue and role-play than actual fighting anyway.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:18 pm

God: Hermes,
Pantheon: Dodekatheon,
Name: Andrew Walker

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:11 pm

God: Huitxilopoctli
Pantheon: Atzlanti
Name: Ma Ti Menville
Calling: Eco-Warrior
Nature Perfectionist.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm

Goddess: Bastet
Pantheon: Pesedjet
Name: Hadiya Bousaid
Calling: Intelligence Operative
Nature: Rogue
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  pug89 Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Name: Jared Forsythe
God: Bast/ Pesedjet

I'm working on my sheet now. I'll get it posted later tonight.
pug89
pug89

Back to top Go down

Post  pug89 Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:40 pm

I edited my first post with my sheet. I still need to spend my BP and I'm probably going to add to my relics, but the basics are there.
pug89
pug89

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:22 am

I forgot to add a house rule I personally have, "every character gets Scent of the Divine".
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:53 am

I need a little backstory on Andrew Walker.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:01 pm

Some people are doctors. Some people are great scientists. Some people are war heroes and other sporting superstars.

Andrew was none of these things. What he was good at though was organising people. He might not cure cancer but he'd be the guy to assemble and lead the team that could do it. Or he would have were it not for the cut and thrust of the political game. Lured into his University's Liberal society he took steps into becoming the youngest listed candidate (with a chance of winning that is...) in the Liberal Democrat's campaign for the Exeter Constituency seat.

And he would have won it if it weren't for those meddling Gods...

True to his nature Hermes kept a close eye and even had contact with Andrew before his calling up to serve, guiding him towards the right people to kick start his political career.

After some initial teething problems and railing against his father for allowing him to be raised by series of foster parents while literally being within touching distance at times Andrew saw the big picture. And damnit was that picture big. And filled with the apparently incompetent. Sure there may be God's of knowledge out there, master tacticians one and all but it seemed they could barely get their own houses working let alone coordinate a half dozen different houses at once...

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum