Scion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scions - unite

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Scions - unite Empty Scions - unite

Post  TrueAres Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:29 pm

Post your character here...no matter the length.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

https://sciontrueares.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Scions - unite Empty Re: Scions - unite

Post  guitarsniper Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:44 pm

Here's my character. I have a simple backstory which I'll post later today if Tarren doesn't get back to me about possible interwoven backstories

Hadiya Bousaid, Scion of Bastet
Nature: Rogue
Calling: Intelligence Agent

Attributes/Epics/Knacks
Strength 2/0
Dexterity 3/2/Cat's Grace, Monkey Climber
Stamina 2/0
Charisma 5/2/Charmer, Benefit of the Doubt
Manipulation 3
Appearance 3
Perception 3/1/Parallel Attention
Intelligence 2/0
Wits 4/2/Social Chameleon, Opening Gambit

Abilities:
Athletics 4
Awareness 4
Brawl 2
Control (motorcycles) 1
Control (automobiles) 1
Investigation 2
Larceny 4
Marksmanship 5
Politics 2
Presence 3
Stealth 4
Survival 3

Headscarf (darkness, moon) 2
Shoes (earth, double epic attribute bonuses ONLY for speed and jump height/distance) 2
Kerit Alpha (slightly buffed version of Kerit from Companion. I can write down the statline if you want) 4

Boons
Night Eyes, Shadow Mask
Echo Sounding
Smoking Mirror

Virtues:
Conviction 3
Harmony 2
Order 1
Piety 2

Willpower 5
Legend 3

Other important Gear:
Custom sniper rifle (made using base Remington 700 line, with telescopic sight, extended barrel, and recoil springs)

BACKSTORY
Born to a relatively (for that particular country at least) moderate family in Iran, Hadiya's life was pretty normal until she caught the eye of a wealthy academic suspected of being a dissident working against the theocratic regime. Holding some potentially lethal blackmail material against her father, Iranian internal intelligence made Hadiya a spy at the tender age of fourteen. She was married off to the academic, where she proceeded to report through a series of cutouts to the Intelligence bureau. A few years later, her one-time husband was arrested and executed, partially on the information Hadiya had provided. She was then moved, having become used to the idea of working intelligence, to a unit tasked with investigating female dissidents, because it was far easier for other female operatives to get close without upseting the ultraconservative social order at the time. She eventually became somewhat disillusioned and proceeded to reach out to the British Embassy, where she was recruited and worked for a time extracting social organizers and major protestors from the Country. One night, driving a truck across the border, she was almost captured, but her life was saved by the timely appearance of a woman who explained Hadiya's true parentage and destiny.

Last edited by guitarsniper on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:51 am

I too am inserting a placeholder.

Dodekatheon, Scion of Hermes.

As a mortal was a politician in a UK political party looking to be elected for the first time.

With 21 bonus points I was going to spend 14 to hit Legend 4 (because Legend 5 would be dumb) unless we'd rather keep lower powered?

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  pug89 Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Name : Dr. Jared Forsythe
God :Bastet/Pesedjet
Calling : Museum Curator
Nature :
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ATTRIBUTES (0 BP)
[X] = favoured

[ ]Strength : 2 (-) [X]Charisma : 2 (-) [X]Perception : 3 (1)
[X]Dexterity: 5 (1) [ ]Manipulation: 1 (-) [ ]Intelligence: 4 (2)
[ ]Stamina : 2 (-) [ ]Appearance : 4 (-) [X]Wits : 4 (2)
ABILITIES (0 BP)
[X] = favoured

[ ]Academics : 3
[ ]Animal Ken : 3
[ ]Art
: -
[X]Athletics : -
[X]Awareness : 3
[X]Brawl : -
[ ]Command : 1
[ ]Control
[ ]Craft
[ ]Empathy : 3
[ ]Fortitude : 1
[ ]Integrity : 3
[ ]Investigation : 3
[X]Larceny : -
[ ]Marksmanship : -
[ ]Medicine : -
[ ]Melee : -
[ ]Occult : 2
[ ]Politics : 1
[ ]Presence : 2
[ ]Science
[X]Stealth : 3
[X]Survival : -
[ ]Thrown : 2

ADVANTAGES (0 BP)

Virtues Willpower: -/- Legend: 3
Name: - Legend Points: 9/9
Name: -

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEAPONS
(melee)
Speed: - Accuracy: + Damage: +L Defence: +
Tags

(ranged)
Speed: - Accuracy: + Damage: +L Range: - Clip: -
Tags

ARMOUR

Soak: +B/+L Mobility: -0 Fatigue: -

Dodge DV: -
Parry DV: -
Join Battle: -
Soak: -B/-L/-A (-/- natural, -/- armour)

HEALTH LEVELS

-0 (Bruised) : [ ]
-1 (Hurt) : [ ]
[ ]
-2 (Wounded) : [ ]
[ ]
-4 (Crippled): [ ]
Incapacitated: [ ]

KNACKS (0 BP)
Strength:
Dexterity: Escape Artist
Stamina:
Charisma:
Manipulation:
Appearance:
Perception: Telescopic Senses
Intelligence: Perfect Memory, Language Mastery
Wits: Eternal Vigilance, Monkey in the Middle
BOONS/SPELLS (0 BP)
Animal(Cat)
(*)Animal Communication
Darkness
(*)Night Eyes
Guardian
(*)Vigil Brand
(*)Warning Line
EXPERIENCE
Total: 0 Total Spent: 0

BIRTHRIGHTS (0 BP)
Relic(*)-Alabaster Perfume Jar(Animal)
Relic(***)-Umbrella(Darkness)(Guardian)
Creature(*)- Cat
EQUIPMENT OF NOTE
Umbrella of Darkness- A black umbrella that casts the user in a shadow dark enough to obscure them regardless of how much light is around or directed at them. Coated in bullet-proof Kevlar. Swirling patterns are barely discernible on the surface of the umbrella. The crook is made from sort of black metal. Grants access to the Darkness and Guardian purviews.

VEHICLE
Type
Armour: - Mass: - Man.: - Health Levels: -

BONUS POINTS (21)
Attributes/Epic Attributes: -
Abilities: -
Advantages: -
Knacks/Boons/Spells: -
Birthrights: -

Last edited by pug89 on Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
pug89
pug89

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:14 pm

I agree about keeping legend about the same.

Shall we all build to Legend 3? Gives us more options to buy with points (i.e. epic 1s and rank 1 purviews is a bit dull) without feeling compelled to take epic 3s for mechanical reasons.

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:32 pm

sounds fine to me. I know you'd mentioned only Hero and Demigod for pantheon, but are you allowing boons/knacks from other sourcebooks? What about homebrew (read GBN) stuff?
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:55 pm

I will hand it out...everyone starts with 3. I agree that the books start too low. So yeah lets go with me handing it out.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:56 pm

guitarsniper wrote:sounds fine to me. I know you'd mentioned only Hero and Demigod for pantheon, but are you allowing boons/knacks from other sourcebooks? What about homebrew (read GBN) stuff?

I'll allow other boons/knacks...I just didn't want pantheons from other source books.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks!

Also Tarren, if you do end up making a Scion of Bast, since that's what I was planning, would you be interested in doing some kind of backstory interplay?
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Ok.

Can I get some quick assessment of my Birthrights?

The Iron Scribe - rank 1, Justice Purview

A writing implement, sometimes a quill, others a bamboo reed for scraping in wax, its current form is a finely made black and silver inlaid fountain pen. It somehow always finds its way into the hands of those who make or enact good laws.

Chains of Fate - rank 3, Magic purview, +1 spd, +1 acc

A length of chain formed from discarded threads of the weave of Fate and covered in iron to form an unbroken chain, 4 feet in length. Used by me as a weapon (not sure which, is there a whip or chain weapon in a book somewhere?).

Diplomat's Suit - rank 2

An enchanted suit of Lamellar Armour that changes shape and form to be a well fitting, culture suitable form of clothing, appearing always as a well tailored, expensive looking item of clothing, suitable to the culture, time and place it is worn. However it reverts to a suit of armour should weapons be drawn.

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  pug89 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Also Tarren, if you do end up making a Scion of Bast, since that's what I was planning, would you be interested in doing some kind of backstory interplay?
Absolutely. That's actually what I'm leaning towards now. I've got a pretty good idea of the character, but I do need to hammer out some of his relics. I'll get at least his background up today, but he's definitely not going to be a physical character. Just FYI, I was planning on him having Darkness, Animal (Cat), and Guardian. That's not set in stone though. A little overlap is fine of course, I just don't want too much.

I'll allow other boons/knacks...I just didn't want pantheons from other source books.
Excellent. I was going to ask about that. I'll probably be using some from GBN. Were you going to allow any fan made purviews? The Emotion and Sound purviews are pretty decent.
pug89
pug89

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:26 pm

if you want to talk backstory, hit me up on AIM @ yoda112358.
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Scutarii wrote:Ok.

Can I get some quick assessment of my Birthrights?

The Iron Scribe - rank 1, Justice Purview

A writing implement, sometimes a quill, others a bamboo reed for scraping in wax, its current form is a finely made black and silver inlaid fountain pen. It somehow always finds its way into the hands of those who make or enact good laws.

Chains of Fate - rank 3, Magic purview, +1 spd, +1 acc

A length of chain formed from discarded threads of the weave of Fate and covered in iron to form an unbroken chain, 4 feet in length. Used by me as a weapon (not sure which, is there a whip or chain weapon in a book somewhere?).

Diplomat's Suit - rank 2

An enchanted suit of Lamellar Armour that changes shape and form to be a well fitting, culture suitable form of clothing, appearing always as a well tailored, expensive looking item of clothing, suitable to the culture, time and place it is worn. However it reverts to a suit of armour should weapons be drawn.

Allowed
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:29 pm

pug89 wrote:
Absolutely. That's actually what I'm leaning towards now. I've got a pretty good idea of the character, but I do need to hammer out some of his relics. I'll get at least his background up today, but he's definitely not going to be a physical character. Just FYI, I was planning on him having Darkness, Animal (Cat), and Guardian. That's not set in stone though. A little overlap is fine of course, I just don't want too much.

Excellent. I was going to ask about that. I'll probably be using some from GBN. Were you going to allow any fan made purviews? The Emotion and Sound purviews are pretty decent.

I'll allow fan made purviews.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:50 am

Questions, I'm assuming relic weapons are speed 3 minimum? 7 of our 21 bonus points go towards Legend 3, leaving 14?

I'd be planning on playing a hulking huitzilapoctlan scion. Mostly physical.

Born in the Estacion suburb of Mecixali, Mexico and was taken to Bakersfield when his parents emmigrated the 350 miles to the USA. Shortly after the move his parents divorced. As a young child Ma Ti was a trouble maker, strongly principled but never winning with debate, always with his fists. He joined the Bakersfield wing of Mara Salvatrucha (MS13) and quickly became an enforcer, even at such a young age. As a result, his arms and chest are covered in central american iconographic tattoos, the most striking of which is a pair of striking eagles on his shoulders. When he saw the increase in pollution being dumped around California and destroying the natural habitats around him, he joined several green movements but was often kicked out of the groups for being the "wrong element" and "bringing a bad name to the cause". Following the BP oil spill of 2010 MaTi became associated with the ELF (Earth Liberation Front) and started taking action against BP to try and punish them for their careless destruction. At one protest Ma TI stole the riot gear including shield off a police officer he'd knocked out, due to the legal attention caused by this and other actions at the break in, the ELF moved several of the individuals involved to the UK to start working there.

Relics I was after

Obsidian Axe (5 dot enhancements)
The axe used to cleave the head off the tezococ's leader in the revolution. [Mechanically Labrys Speed-3 acc+2]

Eagles Ichcahuipilli (3 dot enhancement)
A traditional cotton aztec armour, coated in eagle quills. [Mechanically Riot Gear - 2 mobility penalty, Looks like bulky clothing]

Achcauhtli's otlachimalli (3 dot enhancement)
A 4 foot by 3 foot maize cane shield, lightened with Huitzilapoctl's blessing [+3 to DVs]

Jaguars Usuta (3 dot power)
Traditional incan sandals made from Jaguar hide, stolen from a high priest as he made his escape. These shoes provide unnatural fleetness [mechanically: + Legend to all Dex Rolls]

Malinalxochitl's Gloves (1 dot Power)
Gloves which provide Fire immunity

Spark of Life and Death (4 dot Power)
Fire Lighter which gives the power to create Flaming Melee Weapons or set fire to Melee Weapons.

Knacks
Crushing Grip
One inch Punch
Omnidexterity
Untouchable opponent
Serpents Gaze
Compelling Presence
Rabbit Reflexes
Cobra Reflexes

STR 3(2) - CHA 2 ---- PER 1
DEX 5(2) - MAN 2 ---- INT 4
STA 3(2) - APP 5(2) - WIT 2(2)

ATH 5 - BRA 3 - EMP 3
FOR 3 - INT 3 - LAR 3
MEL 5 - PRE 3 - STE 3
SUR 3

Conviction 4
Courage 1
Duty 1
Loyalty 3

Willpower 7

Name: Ma Ti Menville
God: Huitzilopochtli
Nature: Perfectionist

Bonus Points

7 Legend 3
5 Three dots to obsidian Axe
3 Achcauhtli's otlachimalli
3 Jaguars Usuta
1 Malinalxochitl's Gloves
5 Spark of Life and Death
2 Melee 5
2 Athletics 5

Last edited by SPACKlick on Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:48 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Updating Character sheet to reflect changes)

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 am

SPACKlick wrote:Questions, I'm assuming relic weapons are speed 3 minimum? 7 of our 21 bonus points go towards Legend 3, leaving 14?

Actually 3 is given by me. You have 21 total bonus points to spend at your will. I will expound more on the other stuff you wrote about here in a bit after my morning coffee.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:45 am

Excellent, then I will have to look into what to do with the rest of my bonus points...and avoid the temptation to add more stat boost relics.

Probably also ought to ask about how this is going to work, I've not RPd on a forum before and I have some concern about timezones disparity.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Mind if I hide behind you in a fight? Laughing

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:56 pm

This is what I have so far, not finalised and I am happy to tweak to fit into the group better but should help everyone to know what's in the group and what's not. Editable character sheet.

edit: or it would be if I could post links...tells me 'Seven days!' in an ominous voice.

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:38 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?fg92x52chk7lfd7

Scutarii's character sheet
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  guitarsniper Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:09 pm

currently finishing up stuff and gearing. Will you allow the more extensive gear lists found on the wiki? can't post links, but if you go to the white wolf wiki for Scion, they're under fan-created material in the equipment section.
guitarsniper
guitarsniper

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueAres Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:48 pm

Yes. I'll allow the fan created equipment.
TrueAres
TrueAres
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:50 pm

Scutarii wrote:Mind if I hide behind you in a fight? Laughing
Feel free, I intend to get bloody, so you don't have to Twisted Evil

The relic powers chart says that a dot can improve one aspect of a knack. What improvements would you let me put on Body Armour? Extra soak? Reduce Mobility penalty?
Or one inch punch? Reduced cost? Increased duration?
Or Omnidex? Remove more penalties?
There's really nothing other than Stat or Fluff relics I'm interested in putting those bonus points into. (I could just be cheeky and ask for +Legend to Strength and Stamina rolls as well as App+Pre rolls)

Also, if you're allowing the expanded gear section, I'd like to ask what the best armour you'd let me base a relic off is. The best in the book is 5L/8B, but that table goes up to 13L/16B.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  Scutarii Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:20 pm

One thing to note though is walking around dressed in full battle regalia may be a touch on the difficult side.

Though I suppose that's where I come in Smile

Scutarii

Back to top Go down

Post  SPACKlick Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:21 pm

Scutarii wrote:One thing to note though is walking around dressed in full battle regalia may be a touch on the difficult side.

Though I suppose that's where I come in Smile

Unaware thump it, is unaware, I could always add relic points to make the armour less noticeable.

SPACKlick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum